By studying the energy that connects the body to the mind, the Japanese have discovered several techniques to overcome different health problems. This ancestral practice, called Jin Shin Jyutsu, can be practiced on adults as on children.
Jin Shin Jyutsu is a therapeutic practice whose goal is to harmonize the vital energy of the body by touch. The expression means “The art of the creator through the man of knowledge and compassion”. The practice appeared long before Buddhism and has been passed from generation to generation through oral instruction.
The principles of this practice are:
• 26 “save” energy points that fuel the body with vital energy
• 12 organ flows
• 6 depths
Depending on the therapy, the disease is mostly caused by energy that is blocked or not flowing properly. Therefore, care must be taken to ensure that energy flows through the body by applying light pressure to the fingers of the hand. The goal of Jin Shin Jyutsu is to revitalize and harmonize the body’s energy, mind and emotions through touch.
Jin Shin Jyutsu could be effective in treating psychic and physiological disorders:
• Muscle, joint, neuralgic, migraine pain …
• Anxiety, stress, depression
• Sleeping troubles
• Digestive disorders
• Respiratory disorders
• Skin problems
To better understand therapy, each finger is connected to two organs that help to balance different emotions. Just stimulate different points of the hand:
How to practice Jin Shin Jyutsu?
Apply light pressure on the finger chosen according to the organ to be treated, using your left or right hand. Hold this pressure for 3 to 5 minutes while breathing deeply. By massaging each finger of your hand you can harmonize the energy and emotion of your body in general. For best results, massage each finger individually.
• Organs: the stomach and the spleen.
• Emotions: anxiety, depression.
• Physical symptoms: abdominal pain, skin problems, headache, nervousness.
• Organs: kidneys and bladder.
• Emotions: disappointment, fear, confusion.
• Physical symptoms: muscle pain, back pain, pain in the teeth, disorders of the digestive system.
The major :
• Organs: the liver and gallbladder.
• Emotions: indecision, anger and irritability.
• Physical symptoms: circulatory disorders, menstrual pain, blurred vision, tiredness, frontal headache, migraine.
The ring finger
• Organs: the lungs and the colon.
• Emotions: negativity, sadness, rejection, grief.
• Physical symptoms: ringing in the ears, breathing difficulties, asthma, skin problems, digestive disorders.
The little finger:
• Organs: the heart and the small intestine.
• Emotions: anxiety, nervousness, lack of self-confidence.
• Physical symptoms: heart trouble, sore throat, bloating, bone disorders.